A tool audit involves logging and numbering all tools on-site along with their applications and consumables used. The tool audit is a vital first step to managing Hand Arm Vibration risk and efficient use of tools (and consumables). It is also the first step of a preventative maintenance programme, being offered free of charge with the programme.
The tool audit involves:
- Identifying and recording all tools on site
- Tool locations and applications are logged
- Current condition of tools recorded
- Tools given a unique reference (engraved or tagged)
- Individual tool database developed
A full report is issued on completion.